[Mailman-Users] Related question about limiting postings [was: Is there any throttle function in mailman?]

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 27 20:12:08 CEST 2013

On 06/27/2013 09:30 AM, e.c. wrote:

> Two possibly related features available on the LISTSERV product are (1)
> limiting postings per listmember and (2) per list.
[...]
> Could they be implemented on mailman (or postfix, exim, sendmail)?

Mailman is open source so anyone is free to modify it to include these
features. It shouldn't be too difficult for someone familiar with
Mailman's internals.

It is very unlikely that these features will ever be
implemented/included in a GNU Mailman 2.1 release. Possibly they could
be considered for Mailman 3. You could submit a feature request (bug
report) at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+filebug> and tag it
'mailman3'.

> is it
> possible to use mailmain with LSMTP  on Gnu/Linux? Any advice would be
> appreciated.

Isn't LSMTP a Windows product?