[Mailman-Users] Hello all - mailman down after power failure and hard shutdown

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun Jun 9 00:10:53 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-08 5:44 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> On 06/08/2013 02:21 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>
>> It also seems to be something to do with how many recipients are
>> involved. One or two appear to be ok, but more than that and it gets
>> iffy...
>

> I think that's a coincidence. The biggest problem is with delivery from
> Postfix to Mailman, at which point nothing knows how many list members
> there are or how many messages Mailman will send.
>
>> Appreciate any more thoughts on this weirdness, because I'm stumped....
>
> See this
> <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/postfix-users/message/245375>,
> particularly the replies from Wietse.

I read them all, and I don't think it is relevant (this is the same
kernel and same versions of postfix dovecot and mailman for some time
now), but, I changed the default limit to 10 and reloaded postfix, with
the same error when sending to my 'All' list (that has only 6 members,
all lists).

Also, as I said, lists that only have individual recipients work just
fine, even with 30+ recipients.

Also the weirdness when a list member has their vacation enabled - they
get the original list message, but the vacation message gets stuck in
the queue with the error.

I'm thinking of trying to reinstalling (this is gentoo, so that will be
easy) first mailman, then postfix... I'll probably try that tomorrow if
no other solution presents itself.

Thanks for your help, Mark, much appreciated...