[Mailman-Users] List Owner Confirmation Link on Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 7 22:34:23 CEST 2013

On 06/07/2013 03:38 AM, ORiordan, Adrian wrote:

> One of the neat features of Mailman I like is the confirmation link
> which is sent to a user upon subscribing (when the maillist is set to
> confirm). Is it possible to add this feature for when the list owner
> is notified for subscriptions/subscriptions? So instead of the usual
> admin link, there's a confirm url which doesn't require a user
> logging in with the list administrator password?

This would be somewhat complex to do as currently unlike for a
subscription request waiting confirmation from the user, there is no
entry in the list's pending database and thus no confirmation token for
a subscription request waiting admin approval. Not only that, but there
is currently no pending record type for a subscription request waiting
admin approval.

All these things would have to be addressed.