[Mailman-Users] Custom Pages

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Jun 1 05:18:09 CEST 2013

Janice Boothe writes:

 > It seems rather odd and extremely limiting that Mailman functiuons
 > as you describe in regards to confirm.

Yes, it's limiting, and the limitation was probably deliberate.
Because the confirmation page is viewable by just about anybody,
providing a customizable template would require non-trivial thought
about its security.

 > While I do like very much the functionality of Mailman, the default
 > interface leaves a whole lot to be desired and lead to a very
 > unprofessional look and feel when added to a site.

Feel free to contribute styling.  Functionality we do well.  But we
aren't designers ourselves, and we can't afford to hire good ones out
of the revenue we receive from Mailman ($0).

If you lack the time (or perhaps skills) to contribute directly, you
can definitely help by telling us more about your requirements.  This
probably won't help Mailman 2 much (for the reasons Mark gave), but
would be very useful for Mailman 3.

There are some students being funded by Google Summer of Code to do
work on Mailman 3 UI.  If you would like to discuss your requirements
with them (at any level of formality), let me know and I'll put you in
touch with them.[1]

Steve

Footnotes:
[1]  I'm uncomfortable posting more detailed information because
Google is quite sticky about privacy, and because their projects are
not being directly supervised by Mailman.  We're just consulting on
the Mailman side of their things.  They'd be doing us a favor outside
of their Google internships.