[Mailman-Users] About Spam Filtering

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 6 17:24:16 CET 2013

METU E-List Admin wrote:

>colon and the parenthesis. The screenshot is taken using Chrome on Ubuntu.

The screenshot is problematic for the reason that it is incomplete. The
whole page is not shown and the content of some of the text boxes is
longer than the box. It would be much better to post something like
the relevant part of

 bin/config_list -o - LISTNAME | grep -A20 header_filter_rules

to provide this information.

>We have removed the Mailman version number using the configuration file.
>I think that configuration also removes the version number from the
>headers. If it is a problem, we can convert it to the original state.

I don't think this would be a problem. The question still remains as to
why your header_filter_rules rule is apparently not working.

You could try applying the attached patch to
Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py and restarting Mailman. This will
produce a 'debug' log in Mailman's logs/ directory with information
about all the header_filter_rules hits which may help find what's
going wrong.