[Mailman-Users] Special Characters

Webmaster @ Hull CAMRA webmaster at hullcamra.org.uk
Fri Feb 1 14:07:26 CET 2013

Hi All

I've been searching FAQs and messages for references to using special
characters but the information I found only relates to headers and footers.
My problem is that Mailman is not recognising characters such as the British
Pound symbol in the body of messages, so when a subscriber posts something
with a £ symbol in it 's appearing as a question mark? Is there any way I
can change how Mailman sees these symbols and interprets them correctly
without having to resort to HTML which most of my subscribers would be
clueless about?

Regards

Patrick

webmaster at hullcamra.org.uk