[Mailman-Users] Links showing up twice in posted messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 1 02:31:48 CET 2013

On 1/30/2013 3:05 PM, Heather Bené Dubin wrote:

> Whenever members post messages to this particular list using any kind of URL, the URL comes through twice, for example:
>
> heather_dubin at yahoo.com<mailto:heather_dubin at yahoo.com>
> http://www.cce-usa.org/<http://www.cce-usa.org/>
>
> I have looked through all of the settings and compared them to the settings of the lists that are working properly, but I don't see anything that's different.
>

> Does anyone have ANY idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Since it only occurs with one list and not others with similar settings
(although Mailman wouldn't do this anyway), I suspect it has to do with
the mail clients of the people posting to the list.

Also, as suggested by Stucki, check the archives and see if they show
these artifacts.

It may also have to do with content filtering if that is different for
this list than others.