[Mailman-Users] digests not getting sent

Anil Jangity anilj at me.com
Sun Jan 22 03:55:16 CET 2012

Using the Solaris python version:

{imsadmin at olida 43}% /gcs/app/mail/listsp/mailman/cron/senddigests --listname=ade
List: ade: problem processing /gcs/app/mail/listsp/mailman/lists/ade/digest.mbox:
decoding Unicode is not supported
{imsadmin at olida 44}%

Digest mbox file:

-rw-rw----   1 imsadmin ims         2634 Jan 21 18:51 testlists/digest.mbox

{imsadmin at olida 49}% /gcs/app/mail/listsp/python2.7/bin/python /gcs/app/mail/listsp/mailman/cron/senddigests --listname=testlists
{imsadmin at olida 50}%

The digest.mbox file is gone, nothing in logs/smtp.
This is very bad, there is no error and Mailman just deleted the mbox file. How can I debug this?

{imsadmin at olida 36}% /usr/bin/python
Python 2.4.6 (#1, Dec 13 2009, 23:45:11) [C] on sunos5
>>> import email
>>> email.__version__
'3.0.2'