[Mailman-Users] Change of member address via web fails

Sat Feb 4 17:45:42 CET 2012

On 2/3/12 7:11 AM, Kaja Podlaska Christiansen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to change the email address of a list member via web?
> I have tried the following:
>
> - as a list admin, go to the administrative interface -> Membership List
> - click on the email address to be changed
> - enter new address (twice) and submit 'Change My Address...'
> - click 'Submit My Changes'
>
> However, the email address remains unchanged... I'm running Mailman
> 2.1.14.
>
> Thanks,
> Kaja
>
> --
> Kaja Podlaska Christiansen         AU IT
> Systemadministrator                Aarhus University
> Cand. scient.                      Finlandsgade 2
> Phone: +45 8715 6226               8200 Aarhus N - Denmark
The list is sending a confirmation message to the new address, and
unless and until the subscriber acknowledges the change it will not
happen. There may be a way in the settings to turn this off, but it is a
good feature to prevent you from accidentally (or on purpose) spamming
an address that doesn't want the emails.

--
Richard Damon