[Mailman-Users] Change of member address via web fails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 4 17:48:26 CET 2012

Kaja Podlaska Christiansen wrote:

>I have tried the following:
>
>- as a list admin, go to the administrative interface -> Membership List
>- click on the email address to be changed
>- enter new address (twice) and submit 'Change My Address...'
>- click 'Submit My Changes'
>
>However, the email address remains unchanged... I'm running Mailman 2.1.14.

When you change a member's address in this way, a confirmation request
is sent to the new address, and the address is not changed until the
user confirms.

Even as list admin, you cannot change a member's address from the web
without user confirmation.

The way to change a member's address without confirmation is via the
Mailman command line tool bin/clone_member.