[Mailman-Users] Exporting archives to a text file

Patricia A Moss pmoss4 at csc.com
Mon Apr 23 15:43:33 CEST 2012

Good morning,

I am using Mailman version 2.1.9; with Namazu, version 2.0.15, as my
search engine. It is running on a Linux server, running RedHat 4.0

This system has been in place for quite a number of years. I am running
out of space and don't have the option to upgrade my hardware. I would
like to move the very old archives off of the server and into a text file,
or perhaps a pdf, to clear space on my server.
I can not just delete the older archives. The clients that use the mailman
lists want to be able to see/read the older archives, for reference
purposes; hence the need for a text or pdf file.

I have been through the FAQ and searchable archives. I saw a lot of help
for exporting the member/subscriber lists to a text file, but not much
about the older archives themselves.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and if so how. Thanks much.

PATI MOSS
CSC