[Mailman-Users] Invitation or subscription on behalf list-owner

Syafril Hermansyah syafril at dutaint.co.id
Mon Sep 5 03:27:18 CEST 2011

On 09/04/2011 10:09 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Is there a way to to change invitation or adding new member on behalf
>> listname-owner at domain.com?
>
> Mailman is designed to send all mail with envelope from
> LISTNAME-bounces at ... so that Mailman can process bounces.
>
> If you prefer that all bounces be processed manually by the list owner,
> and you control the MTA that delivers to Mailman, you could arrange
> aliases or whatever so that mail to -bounces addresses is delivered as
> if addressed to -owner.

No, I only need (mass) invitation, adding new (mass) subscription (and
password reminder) send on behalf list-owner at domain.com while the rest I
let Mailman bounce handler to handle the job.
Base on my experience on old Ecartis, there are a lot of occasion the
the new member <address> are not valid either because the person who
inform him/her are not correct or the list-owner made typo.
I know that sooner or later non-valid member will be automatically
unsubcribe by Mailman bounce handler, but if list-owner known first they
can make correction as soon as possible.
This kind of features will help to make my Mailman more efficient while
using my limited resources.

> If you want only some bounces to be handled manually by the list owner,
> you would have to modify the source code that generates those messages.

I am not programmer, I would prefer other workaround (if any) :-)

I have made/add recipient_bcc_map to handle all mail address to
listname-bounce at domain.com always bcc: to listname-owner at domain.com, but
apparently this setting not working as expected when the receiver MTA
reject the message on smtp level.

--
syafril
-------