[Mailman-Users] Invitation or subscription on behalf list-owner

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Sep 4 17:09:19 CEST 2011

On 9/4/2011 3:19 AM, Syafril Hermansyah wrote:

> The one that I still struggling is how to send invitation or new member
> subscription or password reminder on behalf listname-owner at domain.com so
> that when list owner invite or add new member which have no valid
> <address> will known at first place.
>
> Is there a way to to change invitation or adding new member on behalf
> listname-owner at domain.com?

Mailman is designed to send all mail with envelope from
LISTNAME-bounces at ... so that Mailman can process bounces.

If you prefer that all bounces be processed manually by the list owner,
and you control the MTA that delivers to Mailman, you could arrange
aliases or whatever so that mail to -bounces addresses is delivered as
if addressed to -owner.

If you want only some bounces to be handled manually by the list owner,
you would have to modify the source code that generates those messages.