[Mailman-Users] Setting MIME as default for new Non-Digest subscribers

W. Flanagan bill at flanagan-consulting.com
Sun Jul 31 14:39:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

This question from Jan 2005 is still a problem.  All the addresses I
load into mailman end up with a check in the "plain" box when listed
under membership management.  I seem to recall (from years ago) a config
choice for new non-digest subscribers to force plain format, but it's
not in the 2.1.14 version.

The current admin manual does not address (that I can find) what effect
the plain check box has on non-digest subscribers.  If there is no
effect, perhaps I can contribute some text to explain what happens--when
I know.

Bill

--

Flanagan Consulting

*In Converged Networking*
*We Have the Experience*

3800 Concorde Parkway, Suite 1500, Chantilly, Virginia USA
Ph:  +1.703.242.8381    Fx:  +1.703.242.8391
www.Flanagan-Consulting.com <http://www.flanagan-consulting.com/>
/Flanagan Consulting is a Service Mark of W. A. Flanagan, Inc. /

/"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." /
                                        --George Bernard Shaw