[Mailman-Users] Setting MIME as default for new Non-Digestsubscribers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 31 19:57:46 CEST 2011

W. Flanagan wrote:

>This question from Jan 2005 is still a problem.  All the addresses I
>load into mailman end up with a check in the "plain" box when listed
>under membership management.  I seem to recall (from years ago) a config
>choice for new non-digest subscribers to force plain format, but it's
>not in the 2.1.14 version.
>
>The current admin manual does not address (that I can find) what effect
>the plain check box has on non-digest subscribers.  If there is no
>effect, perhaps I can contribute some text to explain what happens--when
>I know.

The plain/MIME setting only affects digests. It has no effect
whatsoever on non-digest subscribers.

The actual option bit exists for all subscribers and is controlled for
new subscribers by the Digest options -> mime_is_default_digest
setting, but it only actually affects the format of the digest for
digest subscribers.