[Mailman-Users] mailpasswds error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 6 02:49:02 CEST 2011

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>My ISP occasionally, for unknown reasons, blocks email from python.org
>and apparently sometimes to python.org. Since I did not get a reply and
>I cannot find this in the archives, I am sending this again. If this is
>a double post, my apologies in advance.

This entire thread including the prior post of the following begins at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2011-July/071887.html>.

I don't know why you couldn't find it.

>It turns out the RPM for 2.1.14 is not available yet for 2010. However,
>I reinstalled 2.1.13 and created the new list. Now I am on to the next
>layer of the onion.
>
># ./config_list -i file dapmm
><b>real_name</b> attribute not
>            changed!  It must differ from the list's name by case
>            only.

So you are trying to configure the new site list 'dapmm' using the
configuration in 'file'. Presumably 'file' is the output from
something like

  bin/config_list -o file mailman

and contains a line like

real_name = 'Mailman'

Either remove that line or change it to something like

real_name = 'DAPmm'

where the value differs only in case from 'dapmm'.

However, you really don't need to do anything because config_list
already applied all the other changes.