[Mailman-Users] Ancient messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 25 16:54:40 CET 2010

AlexanDER Franca wrote:

>Something went wrong and Mailman stoped working.
>
>So, I've run 'mailmanctl -s start' because after the first try Mailman said that there was a lock.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/_4A9> and make sure that only
one of each of Mailman's qrunners is running.

>And Mailman starts sending again ALL the messages that was sent until today. I mean, every message!!
>
>I don't know how to fix that.
>
>I've cleaned/removed all files in qfiles directory, restarted Postfix, restarted Mailman, killed all mailman process and start again.
>
>After some seconds a huge amount of ancient messages floods my server again.
>
>How can I clear EVERYTHING that is stored in Mailman?

If you have emptied all the qfiles/* directories, there is nothing left
for Mailman to do. Either the messages are already queued in Postfix,
or something else is reposting these messages to Mailman. Examination
of Mailman's logs may help.