[Mailman-Users] Maximum number of members per list

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Jun 7 13:59:34 CEST 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Sergi wrote:

> On 04/06/10 16:15, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > Sergi wrote:
> >
> > > i'm sorry if this has already been discussed here but my web search didn't
> > > bring much results.
> > >
> > > Did this patch somehow made or will make it to the official mailman
> > > source?
> > >
> > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558151
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > If not, is there any way of limiting the number of members in a list?

<SNIP>

> I am thinking of an ugly method of watching config.pck files, counting members
> and taking action if thresholds are reached.

Are you suggesting bolting on an SNMP interface?  That *would* be very
useful indeed, especially for resellers of mailman facilities.

Mark, are there any plans for an SNMP interface for Mailman?

Thanks for all that the Mailman team does for us: you guys are *great*!

//Alif

--
"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to

Joseph Pulitzer, 1907 Speech