[Mailman-Users] Maximum number of members per list

Sergi sergi at estrafolari.com
Mon Jun 7 12:37:10 CEST 2010

On 04/06/10 16:15, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Sergi wrote:
>
>> i'm sorry if this has already been discussed here but my web search didn't bring much results.
>>
>> Did this patch somehow made or will make it to the official mailman source?
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558151
>>

> No.
>

>> If not, is there any way of limiting the number of members in a list?
>>

> Set Privacy options... ->  Subscription rules ->  subscribe_policy to
> either 'Require approval' or 'Confirm and approve' and stop approving
> subscriptions when you reach the limit.
>
> (which seems to me to be a better approach than the patch in almost all
> if not all cases)

Hello,

thanks for the reply, but I was thinking not on a list administration
context but on a whole mailman server administration context, something
set at list creation time and unavailable for a list administrator.
I am thinking of an ugly method of watching config.pck files, counting
members and taking action if thresholds are reached.

Regards,
Sergi