[Mailman-Users] Maximum number of members per list

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Jun 7 17:18:57 CEST 2010

On 6/7/2010 4:59 AM, J.A. Terranson wrote:
> Are you suggesting bolting on an SNMP interface?  That *would* be very
> useful indeed, especially for resellers of mailman facilities.

Not speaking for the mailman developers, IMHO doing an snmp interface would
be a colossal time sink. It would also be like trying to tighten a screw
with a strawberry, or maybe a haddock- it's just the wrong tool for the job.
snmp agents are not something that you generally whip out, anyway.

For mailman version 2, using command line tools is really the way to go.

What would be useful for mailman resellers is things like compete virtual
domain handling (in v3) and additional management bits, but I don't see much
utility in grafting those into the v2 distribution when v3 is being
developed.  Even better would be for those resellers to actively contribute
to v3 design and development (i.e. be part of the community).

z!
who has an opinion about this, but hasn't had enough coffee for the morning yet