[Mailman-Users] Delivery to SMTP server very slow

Stefan Foerster cite+mailman-users at incertum.net
Sat Feb 20 23:10:32 CET 2010

* Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:
> On 2/20/2010 12:56 PM, Stefan Foerster wrote:
> > So, if you are personally interested in this, I would talk to a lawyer
> > to find a way how I can legally provide you with a copy of every file
> > that is in any way related to this list.
>
> As I said, I think it would just be the config.pck. Everything else is
> open source software, but I don't think I want it. It's not that I'm not
> curious because I definitely am, but I don't want to accidentally send
> mail to any of the list members. I suppose I could just create a pseudo
> MTA to listen on the SMTPPORT you use and just respond with 250 to every
> message.

A plan! I will have a look at the wiki to see how I go about moving a
list to another host. Then, tomorrow morning (it's 11pm here), I'll
setup a VM, install the same set of packages and copy over anything
that is closely mailman related.

> Actually, you could try that too and see what it does with your list.
> I'll make a little Python script for that.

I did the testing with smtp-sink, which is running just fine. I'll
report back if I can reproduce the problem on the virtual machine.

Ralf just had the idea to cimpare the output from "config_list" to
that of another announce-only list, but apart from owners, messages
and the ususal stuff, there is absolutely no difference.

Stefan