[Mailman-Users] Mailman list sends but doesn't receive mail.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 6 18:18:48 CET 2010

On 12/5/2010 10:22 PM, JRC Groups wrote:

> I am posting the output from "sudo postconf -n" in a following post to keep
> it separate from my answers here for clarity's sake. I tried to find the
> mm_cfg.py file but couldn't locate it. A spotlight search in OS X returned
> no entries under this name. Even a spotlight search under mailman returned
> no entries. Where would this file be located ?

According to the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/QoA9>, it should be
/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py. If it's not there, I don't know
where it might be.

>> Did you create the list with Mailman's bin/newlist, Mailman's web
>> interface or Apple's GUI?
>
> I created the list using Apple's GUI and then used Mailman's web interface
> to configure and change some settings according to the needs of the list I
> created.

I don't know how Apple's GUI creates lists, but if it created entries
for the list in /var/mailman/data/aliases it should also create virtual
mappings in /var/mailman/data/virtual-mailman and that file should be
referenced in Postfix main.cf virtual_alias_maps, e.g.

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_users,
                     hash:/var/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

If virtual-mailman is not created, there is something missing from
mm_cfg.py. There should be

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['domain.com']

in mm_cfg.py.