[Mailman-Users] postfix-to-mailman.py and local_recipient_tables

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 19 17:04:37 CEST 2010

Florian Effenberger wrote:

>I've reproduced the configuration according to various howtos,
>including the documentation inside the Python file, and every
>configuration all of a sudden throws this "User unknown" error, unless
>I disable the local_recipient_maps. Anyone else ever experienced these
>problems?
>
>I'm a bit clueless where the problem lies. :-(

As are we unless you at least post the output from "postconf -n", the
Postfix log (maillog) entry for the reject, and the other relevant
master.cf, local_recipient_maps and transport table entries.

Note that while people on this list may be willing/able to help you
with this, this is not really a GNU Mailman question. It is a Postfix
question or possibly a Debian/Ubuntu packaging question. Based on what
you have posted so far, postfix_to_mailman.py works if list mail
actually gets to it (i.e. when local_recipient_maps is null) so the
problem would seem to be entirely that Postfix is not routing list
mail to the mailman transport (postfix_to_mailman.py).

Just a wild guess - did you perhaps add the list domain to
mydestination in main.cf? If so, remove it.