[Mailman-Users] postfix-to-mailman.py and local_recipient_tables

Florian Effenberger floeff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 18:22:16 CEST 2010

Hi Mark,

2010/8/19 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:

> Note that while people on this list may be willing/able to help you
> with this, this is not really a GNU Mailman question. It is a Postfix
> question or possibly a Debian/Ubuntu packaging question. Based on what
> you have posted so far, postfix_to_mailman.py works if list mail
> actually gets to it (i.e. when local_recipient_maps is null) so the
> problem would seem to be entirely that Postfix is not routing list
> mail to the mailman transport (postfix_to_mailman.py).
>
> Just a wild guess - did you perhaps add the list domain to
> mydestination in main.cf? If so, remove it.

due to your posting, I did some slight tweakings: I removed the lists
domain from mydestination, adding it to relay_domains. Then I was able
to remove the empty local_recipient_maps - the result is that for all
domains except lists unknown users are reported immediately during the
SMTP session.

Thanks a lot!

I don't know where the problem comes from, but I'll check upstream
(it's a FusionForge installation).

Thanks again,
Florian