[Mailman-Users] Opt out footers as .txt attachments preventing CAN SPAM Act compliance

Keith Jarvis keithjarvis at mkp.org
Thu Sep 3 23:32:07 CEST 2009

Hello

I'm part of a small nonprofit running Mailman version 2.1.9 and we have
consistently found that most of our subscribers receive the footers where
the opt out language is as .txt attachments and therefore do not know how to
opt out.

I searched the help/support forums to find that this seems to be a
widespread problem.

Is it fixed in current versions?  Are there repairs available to this
problem that a poor nonprofit without staff web developers or IT funds can
afford or know how to implement?

Please help!

Keith R Jarvis

The ManKind Project

Information Systems Director

7088 Burkitt Road

Antioch, Tennessee 37013 USA

Home/Office: 615.206.7232

Fax: 615.224.0928

Cell: 615.828.2033

Email: infosystems at mkp.org

Skype: JarvisDog

I create a world of healing and truth by touching the Divine and modeling
authentic transparency.