[Mailman-Users] Question About Gzip'd Archives

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Sep 4 05:03:07 CEST 2009

On 3-Sep-2009, at 14:45, Barry Finkel wrote:
> when I look at the file, I see that it is a plain text file.  It is
> not a gzip'd file.
> Why?  Thanks.

This is not anything Mailman is doing. Either your system is
automatically seeing the zipped data and uncompressing it, or (and
this is more likely) apache is set to automatically uncompress the .gz
file and send it along.

If you can, see if your httpd.conf is using mod_gunzip and if so, what
its settings are. If you want the gzip archives, then see if you can
get it disabled for the mailman archives pages.

--
Everybody hates a tourist, especially one who thinks it's all such
	laugh. Yeah, and the chip stains and grease will come out in the