[Mailman-Users] Mailman - a few questions

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Nov 18 03:48:59 CET 2009

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > They would just add the one line
 >
 > SENDER_HEADERS = (None, 'from', 'reply-to', 'sender')

An alternative to this would be a custom pipeline with the places that
checks SENDER_HEADERS altered to use that.  You might also want to
grep for some appropriate host's trace headers to avoid replay attacks.

Sorry, I don't have time to go into detail, but I think that in
combination with changing the list-post address to go directly to the
moderator should do what Bill wants to happen.  It has the big
advantage from the host's point of view that it only affects Bill's
list; the small disadvantage is a small amount of work installing the
change.

It's not a ton of work though; the first time I did this it took 45
minutes from deciding to do it to a working installation.  I think the
host should be able to do this in less than 10 minutes, as long as
Bill is willing to accept the slight risk that the ML might go down
until the host has time to look at it again.