[Mailman-Users] Errors on mailman startup

Dave Filchak submit at zuka.net
Fri May 29 07:01:51 CEST 2009

Well .. I have ran through most of the FAQs and the debugging techniques
listed in them and all SEEMS like it is functioning correctly. I have
also upgraded Mailman to 2.1.8 from 2.1.6 and I still have the exact
same problem. After upgrading, I didn't run the debugging stuff again so
I will try it again but I honestly do not think that it will help me.

Dave

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Dave Filchak wrote:
>

>> I have found the following in the smtp-failure logs:
>>
>> failed with code -1: (-2, 'Name or service not known')
>>
>> I have tons of these. I Googled this and one of the issues appears to be
>> not having search my.domain in my resolv.conf file. I have added this
>> but I still cannot get mailman to deliver any mail. Would really
>> appreciate it if anyone has any other ideas about this.
>>

> So the problem is that Outgoing Runner can't send mail, so all the
> outgong mail gets put in the retry queue and gets periodically
> retried, but continues to fail.
>
> There are two FAQs with information about this.
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/AoE9> and <http://wiki.list.org/x/-IA9>. Thes,
> together with some archived posts they link to give some information
> and debugging techniques. The resolv.conf addition worked in one case,
> but it is not the only thing that can cause this nor the only solution.

believed to be clean.