[Mailman-Users] Errors on mailman startup

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 29 16:39:28 CEST 2009

Dave Filchak wrote:

>Well .. I have ran through most of the FAQs and the debugging techniques
>listed in them and all SEEMS like it is functioning correctly. I have
>also upgraded Mailman to 2.1.8 from 2.1.6 and I still have the exact
>same problem. After upgrading, I didn't run the debugging stuff again so
>I will try it again but I honestly do not think that it will help me.

The exception occurs in the Python smtplib and is independent of the
Mailman version.

Did you actually do the test described in the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-May/044976.html>
(linked from the FAQ) as the Mailman user?

Did you actually try to send mail as described in the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-May/044746.html>
(linked from the FAQ) as the Mailman user?

If you did those as the Mailman user and they didn't show any error,
then I can't explain why it fails when OutgoingRunner does the exact
same thing.