[Mailman-Users] bug error when subscribing through webafterMailman 2.1.12 upgrade

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 23 16:39:55 CEST 2009

Christopher Adams wrote:

>The modification to MailList.py is something that you suggested awhile
>back and I had carried it through as Mailman was upgraded. Here is the
>thread from 2005.
>
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/042116.html
>
>This time, it didn't seem to work and broke it.The problem was the
>email sent to new list owners had the list address, but didn't
>complete the actual address. Instead, it results in this:
>
>Send list messages to:
>
>   %(emailaddr)s
>
>What is the actual solutilon to the template being populated with the
>actual list address. This seems like something that would be assumed
>to exist in an out of the box installation.

The problem with the modification is my fault. I said to add

           listinfo_url = self.getScriptUrl('listinfo', absolute=1)

but this is wrong. It needs to be

           listinfo_url = self.GetScriptURL('listinfo', absolute=1)

However, this has nothing to do with the mail sent to the owner of a
new list. This particular modification was to add a definition of
'listinfo_url' to the substitutions in the verify.txt template for the
confirmation message sent to someone subscribing when the policy
includes 'confirm'. The same modification is also required when the
verify.txt template is used for an address change confirmation.

Adding %(emailaddr)s to the newlist.txt template requires a different
modification to MailList.py.