[Mailman-Users] Setting up redundant mailing lists in OS X Snow Leopard.

JRC Groups joemailgroups at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:24:17 CET 2009

Hi, everyone.

First I wish to say hello to everyone as I am a new member and this is my
first post to the list. I have just purchased a Mac server with Snow Leopard
server installed and one of the main reasons for the purchase was my plan to
set-up some mailing lists. The following are some questions I have:

While setting up Mailman mailing lists under Snow Leopard Server I've run
into some questions and thought I would ask here for help. These are the
questions:

Q1. In Mailman how are mailing list subscribers set-up ? Are subscribers
set-up separately or do they have to be set-up as users in Workgroup Manager
?

I would prefer to set-up subscribers to the mailing lists separately as they
are not members of my workgroup. Is there a configuration pane under Mailman
mailing lists for setting up subscribers ?

Q2. I am trying to set-up two versions of each mailing list so that one
version allows attachments to be forwarded to subscribers along with the
posts while the other version blocks the attachments and only forwards the
text portion of the post. How can this be set-up in Mailman ? How can I
manage attachment rules in Mailman and create this redundant mailing lists ?
Where are attachments sent along with posts to the lists saved in OS X
(folder address) ?

Thank you,

Joseph