[Mailman-Users] Question about account ownership, etc.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Aug 19 09:07:17 CEST 2009

Richard Draves writes:

 > If we loose an employee with the password to mailman, how do we
 > carry on? The data is 'locked' behind a now lost password. How do
 > we reset the password, when the real password is gone?

As long as you have shell access to the mailman installation, you can
change the site password with /usr/lib/mailman/bin/mmsitepass (may be
located elsewhere depending on your installation).  That allows access
to all admin screens, from which you can do anything, including
resetting passwords.  I don't recall offhand where the various
password resetting options are.