[Mailman-Users] Custom handler applied to digest to filter excessive quoted text?

tanstaafl at libertytrek.org tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Aug 7 12:40:04 CEST 2009

On 8/7/2009, Stephen J. Turnbull (stephen at xemacs.org) wrote:
>> Is it possible to create a custom handler for digests only?

<snip>

>> I want a mail list that automatically strips out duplicated quoted text in
>> digests,

> Yes.

Wow, I'd be interested in this if you get it working... and I'd think
the mainline devs might be interested too.

By the way John... I'm guessing you sent your post twice becaqsue you
didn't realize that when posting from your gmail account, you won't see
your own posts? It considers the message you 'Sent' and  the one the
list sends as 'duplicates', so hides (or deletes?) the second one (from
the list). I really hate that about gmail...

--

Best regards,

Charles