[Mailman-Users] Custom handler applied to digest to filter excessive quoted text?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Aug 7 08:09:41 CEST 2009

John Williams writes:

 > Is it possible to create a custom handler for digests only?

Yes.  The standard pipeline contains a handler named "ToDigest" or
something like that.  You edit the pipeline either in mm_cfg.py (for
global effect) or create a local pipeline with bin/with_list (this has
some UI gotchas although once you get the pipeline actually edited and
saved it works great; feel free to remind me but I don't have time to
go into it now).

So what you do is write your handler to do its job, then chain
ToDigest's "process" function from there.