[Mailman-Users] Custom handler applied to digest to filter excessive quoted text?

John Williams jodawi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 01:56:25 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a custom handler for digests only?

I want a mail list that automatically strips out duplicated quoted text in
digests, so the same quoted text doesn't appear over and over. Such a thing
doesn't appear to exist in any mailing list software, so I'm looking for the
second-best thing, which is currently software that easily allows such a
filter to be inserted.

Any other ways people handle this problem, aside from telling users to not
quote excessively?

Thanks

John Williams
jodawi at gmail.com