[Mailman-Users] Archive 3rd Party List

Russell Clemings rclemings at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 19:39:26 CEST 2009

My solution was to set up MHonArc (http://www.mhonarc.org/), running under
its own user (e.g. mailarch), and then subscribe mailarch at mydomain.com to
the Mailman list(s) I wanted to archive. That (along with some lines in the
Apache configuration) allowed me to put them behind the same password wall
as our web site, and to do a lot of fancy formatting. If you (and the list
owner) don't care if the public has access to the archives, however, then
one of the solutions suggested below is probably easier. Either way, be sure
to turn off the monthly password reminders for the archive user so they
won't show up in the archives. And be sure nobody unsubscribes the archive
user.

rac