[Mailman-Users] setting up the mailing list

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Tue Apr 7 16:52:22 CEST 2009

On 04/07/09 02:49, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> This could be done in a custom Handler.  I haven't worked on such a
> thing in a long while, but somebody who's familiar with the email
> package could probably work a simple one up in less than an hour.
>  Loop over the from addresses, and in that loop, loop over a
> dictionary like

*nod*

This is along the exact same lines that I was talking about in my

> Then insert that Handler into either the global pipeline (if you want
> it to happen for all lists) or the list-specific pipelines for the
> lists where it should happen using bin/withlist.  (Don't worry if you
> don't understand any of that; anybody who can do the work will know
> what I'm talking about, it's not rocket science.)

Ok...  Now you are starting to make me think that there are places in
the Mailman code that will look for custom code (in a separate file that
is called if it exists?) that can be executed to do things like this.
Is this the case?

If this is not currently the case, how difficult would it be (and would
it be worth while) calling a ""stub function in separate files that
would allow users to run their own custom ""translation code with out
having to get in to the main Mailman code?

Grant. . . .