[Mailman-Users] setting up the mailing list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 7 17:34:34 CEST 2009

Grant Taylor wrote:

>Ok...  Now you are starting to make me think that there are places in
>the Mailman code that will look for custom code (in a separate file that
>is called if it exists?) that can be executed to do things like this.
>Is this the case?

Yes. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9> on implementation of
custom handlers.

This FAQ also makes brief reference to the extend.py mechanism. If the
lists/LISTNAME/ directory contains an extend.py module that defines an
extend() function, this function is called with the list as argument
whenever a list is instantiated.

See the end of the definition of the MailList.__init__() method in
Mailman/MailList.py for more on this.