[Mailman-Users] Moving to a new server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 25 18:21:40 CEST 2008

RobG wrote:

>So I figured out where everything else goes and moved it there
>accordingly.  I started qrunner.  That seems to be working.  I fired off
>a test message, but it came back saying the "user" (e.g. the listname)
>was not found.  So I guess I've done something wrong, or not done
>something at all...

The answer here depends on your MTA. If it is Postfix and
Mailman/Postfix integration is properly set up, as lists are created
and removed, the necessary aliases are updated. But if you 'drop in' a
list from another installation, aliases aren't generated. If this is
the issue, running Mailman's bin/genaliases will fix it.

Otherwise, you probably need to add aliases manually to /etc/aliases or
wherever. In this case, bin/genaliases will provide a list of the
required aliases.