[Mailman-Users] Reminder notices come from "mailman" list

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Sep 4 06:55:37 CEST 2008

At 9:58 PM -0500 9/3/08, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

>>  That's why it comes from the site list.
>
>  Which is useless if the lists on the site have no relationship to each
>  other, nor any relationship to me, as the administrator of a commercial
>  hosting service.

That's one of the reasons why we're going to be getting rid of this
process in the future, and instead just let users get their password
reset on demand, and sent to them by e-mail when they reset it.

But we're not there yet.

>>  These things are set in cron/mailpasswds. You could modify that code,
>>  but it's not straightforward.
>
>  You're right.  I looked.

Of course, you could always just turn off this feature entirely.  If
the passwords don't get sent out on a monthly basis, then the site
list problem goes away, right?

See FAQ 4.48 at <http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030605>.