[Mailman-Users] Reminder notices come from "mailman" list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Thu Sep 4 04:58:26 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 18:58 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> That's why it comes from the site list.

Which is useless if the lists on the site have no relationship to each
other, nor any relationship to me, as the administrator of a commercial
hosting service.

> >Is there any way to fix this?
>

> These things are set in cron/mailpasswds. You could modify that code,
> but it's not straightforward.

You're right.  I looked.

> Perhaps a better way to accomplish what you want is to make a site
> specific edited version of templates/<lang>/cronpass.txt per
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>, and just eliminate the reference to
> "(for example, %(exreq)s)" and replace "%(owner)s" with a reference to
> "the -owner address of the list".
>
> Note that this must be a 'site' template and not a 'list' or 'domain'
> template because it is a 'site' message.

This is probably as good an idea as there is.  Where does one find, or
place "list" templates so as distinguish them from "site" templates?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "In an open world,    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    who needs Windows  |      available at