[Mailman-Users] many problems

Russell Clemings rclemings at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 04:04:10 CEST 2008

If I recall correctly, the default cPanel installation has a really tight
limit on the number of messages that can be sent from your server in a given
amount of time. Far too tight for a Mailman list of any size. I recall
running into this myself once. I guess it's to protect you in case you have
a PHP script or something that gets hijacked by a spammer. Unfortunately, I
can't find the setting to change it, but your host (if competent) should be
able to help.

I'm wondering it the second issue (unsubscribes) might not have something to
do with them hitting the bounce ceiling. However, I'm not sure why that
would affect only the m's one day and the p's another.

rac