[Mailman-Users] Any way to prevent un-subscribing?

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:11:11 CEST 2008

Our administration wants to use a mailman list for broadcast-only
official communications to students.
 I've been asked to prevent the students from un-subscribing. Is there
a way to do that in any version of mailman? And/or any other
convenient mechanism?  The list is a bit unwieldy for plain email
aliases.

Am meanwhile changing the subscription and unsubscription notices to
include dire warnings, and sending notice of unsubscriptions.
(and I know we're going to have to think about bounces)

I see that the question has been asked here before but haven't seen
any solutions

(I understand that in almost all cases you want to give users the
choice to unsubscribe, but it's reasonable for the Dean of Students to
have an official list that reaches all students, too)
thanks, Betsy
--
Unix Systems Administrator
Harvard Graduate School of Design