[Mailman-Users] Any way to prevent un-subscribing?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 1 18:04:10 CEST 2008

Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:

> I've been asked to prevent the students from un-subscribing. Is there
>a way to do that in any version of mailman?

Set the list's Privacy options... -> Subscription rules ->
unsubscribe_policy to Yes and don't approve any unsubscriptions.

However, if the student's know their list passwords (and they can
always ask for a reminder), they can always set their list mail
delivery off even though they can't unsubscribe.