[Mailman-Users] script which can limit the number of postingsby a user in a day

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 3 18:20:20 CEST 2008

Nitin Bhadauria wrote:

>I am not talking about throttle for sending mails. I want to limit on
>the number of posts from any one individual within a period of time (1
>post per day, 10 per week, etc).
>I do know that this option is in the mailman wishlist that's why i asked
>for a patch or script..

There is no such function within Mailman. You'd have to implement it
yourself. I'm not aware of anyone that has done so. There is a five
year old feature request at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266729>, but nothing has been
done on this.

Usually, this sort of thing is handled by moderation although I
understand that isn't the answer in every case.