[Mailman-Users] Connecting Mailman to a Web Page

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri Nov 7 06:57:53 CET 2008

> From: Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
>
> Reverse engineering of example web pages is likely to be the the most
> productive approach.

And if you know a bit about HTML forms, this is really quite simple,
and is how I came up with the example I posted.

Simply look at the HTML source of any page of interest, then make the
fields in your own form use the same "name" attribute.

I did this (for example) to help a computer-timid person maintain
subscriptions by putting a simple TEXTAREA named "subscribees" on the
admin page of their website. (They were intimidated by going through
the Mailman admin interface, and all they ever wanted to do was add
and delete subscribers.)

:::: "With your intensive agriculture," he went on, "you're simply
draining the soil of phosphorus. More than half of one per cent a
year. Going clean out of circulation. And then the way you throw away
hundreds of thousands of tons of phosphorus pentoxide in your sewage!
Pouring it into the sea. And you call that progress. Your modern
sewage systems!" His tone was witheringly scornful. "You ought to be
putting it back where it came from. On the land." Lord Edward shook an
admonitory finger and frowned. "On the land, I tell you." -- Aldus
Huxley, from "Point Counter Point," published 1928 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::