[Mailman-Users] All messages discarded, no reason

Milos Prudek prudek at bvx.cz
Fri Nov 7 13:19:31 CET 2008

I configured Mailman on my Ubuntu system using postfix-to-mailman.py. I
followed https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mailman. I created no aliases at
all as required by postfix-to-mailman.py.

I created the site-wide Mailman maling list, and a first list called "t" with
all options at default values. I enrolled some users. Everything looks OK.
But all emails sent to the list are discarded by mailman.

Each new mail is logged into /var/log/smtp, /var/log/post, and /var/log/vette.
Example:

/var/log/smtp
Nov 07 13:06:42 2008 (24564) <200811071306.35903.prudek at bvx.cz> smtp to t for
3 recips, completed in 0.015 seconds

/var/log/post
Nov 07 13:06:42 2008 (24564) post to t from prudek at bvx.cz, size=2190,
message-id=<200811071306.35903.prudek at bvx.cz>, success

/var/log/vette
Nov 07 13:06:48 2008 (24562) Message discarded, msgid:
<200811071306.35903.prudek at bvx.cz>

However, the email is correctly saved into archive
at /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/t with all expected files correctly
created (2008-November.txt, 2008-November.txt.gz and so on).

Why Mailman archives but does not distribute?

--
Milos Prudek