[Mailman-Users] Don`t get my mailinglist to run (mailman & postfix)

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Fri May 16 19:38:57 CEST 2008

Dear list,
a couple of month age I succesfully installed mailman and postfix, but that time somehow it does not work.

I need to install a mailinglist on a server of the university of Osnabrueck. Debian Etch is installed there.

Postfix runs finely. I made some tests with the php-command "mail" and could sent mails to my self.

I installed mailman from source with
"./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mailman --with-groupname=mailman
--with-username=mailman --with-mail-gid=postfix --with-cgi-gid=apacheuser
--with-mailhost=igf-srv-gin.igf.Uni-Osnabrueck.de
--with-urlhost=igf-srv-gin.igf.Uni-Osnabrueck.de"

bin/check_perms gave no errors at all.

I created a side wide mailinglist,started the mailman qrunner,site password
and can create a new mailinglist at:

http://igf-srv-gin.igf.uni-osnabrueck.de/mailman/create

...and the list is created, also the entries in /usr/local/mailman/aliases:

"# STANZA START: big_test
# CREATED: Fri May 16 19:30:00 2008
big_test:             "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post big_test"
big_test-admin:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin big_test"
big_test-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces big_test"
big_test-confirm:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman confirm big_test"
big_test-join:        "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman join big_test"
big_test-leave:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman leave big_test"
big_test-owner:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner big_test"
big_test-request:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman request big_test"
big_test-subscribe:   "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe big_test"
big_test-unsubscribe: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe big_test"

I can register as a new user to the list and get a confirmation mail.I confirm subscribing and try to send mails to that list but they are not send to the registered users????
Can anyone help please??

And I have another question:

To send mails to mylist at igf-srv-gin.igf.Uni-Osnabrueck.de

is a really complicated name. is there a possibility to send it to (for example):

mylist at my_adress.de

But how and where can I define "my_adress.de".

Thank you very much, Kai