[Mailman-Users] Don`t get my mailinglist to run (mailman & postfix)

Stefan Förster cite at incertum.net
Fri May 16 19:49:13 CEST 2008

* Kai Behncke <Kai-Behncke at gmx.de> wrote:
> Postfix runs finely. I made some tests with the php-command "mail" and could sent mails to my self.
>
> I installed mailman from source with
> "./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mailman --with-groupname=mailman
> --with-username=mailman --with-mail-gid=postfix --with-cgi-gid=apacheuser
> --with-mailhost=igf-srv-gin.igf.Uni-Osnabrueck.de
> --with-urlhost=igf-srv-gin.igf.Uni-Osnabrueck.de"
>
> bin/check_perms gave no errors at all.
>
> I created a side wide mailinglist,started the mailman qrunner,site password
> and can create a new mailinglist at:
>
> http://igf-srv-gin.igf.uni-osnabrueck.de/mailman/create
>
> ...and the list is created, also the entries in /usr/local/mailman/aliases:
>
> "# STANZA START: big_test
> # CREATED: Fri May 16 19:30:00 2008
> big_test:             "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post big_test"
> big_test-admin:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin big_test"
> big_test-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces big_test"
> big_test-confirm:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman confirm big_test"
> big_test-join:        "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman join big_test"
> big_test-leave:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman leave big_test"
> big_test-owner:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner big_test"
> big_test-request:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman request big_test"
> big_test-subscribe:   "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe big_test"
> big_test-unsubscribe: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe big_test"

> I can register as a new user to the list and get a confirmation
> mail.I confirm subscribing and try to send mails to that list but
> they are not send to the registered users????  Can anyone help
> please??

We would need some more logging information. For example, is there
anything in the Postfix mail log (usually /var/log/maillog or
something similar)? Is there anything in mailman's error or smtp log?

> And I have another question:
>
> To send mails to mylist at igf-srv-gin.igf.Uni-Osnabrueck.de
>
> is a really complicated name. is there a possibility to send it to (for example):
>
> mylist at my_adress.de
>
> But how and where can I define "my_adress.de".

Yo can add alias addresses which mailman feels responsible for in the
admin web interface:

http://your listserver>/mailman/admin/<listname>/privacy/recipient

The option name is "acceptable_aliases". Then you just need to have
control over a mailserver to define an alias from mylist at my_adress.de
to mylist at igf-srv-gin.igf.Uni-Osnabrueck.de (and of course, the MX
record for my_adress.de must point to that particular server).

Ciao
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster     http://www.incertum.net/     Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
FdI #306: Shockwave Flash - Augenkrebs (Felix von Leitner)