[Mailman-Users] change url on moved lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 28 00:46:20 CET 2008

peter pilsl wrote:

>But I cant find the settings in the list-configs itself.  host_name
>doesnt seem to be the variable I'm looking for.
>
>Where does mailman get the urls that links to the lists in
>/mailman/listinfo ??

>From the web_page_url attribute which is not visible in the GUI.

You need to run fix_url. The canonical FAQ on this is
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp>,
but there are others. See the 'Existing versus new lists' section in
FAQ 4.29 or some of the other hits from
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=web_page_url+fix_url&querytype=allkeywords&casefold=yes&req=search>